The City is a part of you...
...and now it can be a part of your web address.
1. Registrants in .NYC must be either:
www.nyc.gov/finance1. Initial Validation.
All .nyc registrants shall be required to provide a valid New York City physical address as set forth in the .nyc Nexus Policy. The failure of the Registrant to provide a valid New York City physical address in compliance with the .nyc Nexus Policy shall result in the denial of the registration for the applicable domain name.
2. Registry Spot Checks and Enforcement for Continuing Compliance with Nexus Requirements
.Nyc Acceptable Use Policy
1. By registering a name in the .nyc top-level domain (.NYC), the Registrant represents and warrants that it will not use that registration for any illegal purposes, including without limitation, to:
- a. Distribute malware or engage in malicious hacking, bot-netting, phishing, pharming, fast flux hosting, fraudulent or deceptive practices;
- b. Use, promote, encourage the promotion of, or distribute child abuse images or engage in the exploitation of minors in any way;
- c. Illegally sell or distribute pharmaceuticals;
- d. Infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity including, without limitation, counterfeiting, piracy or trademark or copyright infringement;
- e. Impersonate any person or entity, or submit information on behalf of any other person or entity, without their express prior written consent;
- f. Violate the privacy or publicity rights of any other person or entity;
- g. Promote or engage in any spam or other unsolicited bulk email;
- h. Distribute software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or computer or network hacking or cracking;
- i. Interfere with the operation of .NYC or services offered by the .NYC Registry Operator; or
- j. Otherwise engage in activity that is contrary to applicable U.S., State or local law or .nyc Policies.
2. By registering a name in .NYC:
3. By registering a name in the .NYC:
- a. The Registrant acknowledges and agrees to abide by all .NYC Policies set forth on the .NYC website at www.nic.nyc. The Registrant specifically acknowledges and agrees that the .NYC Policies may be modified by the .NYC Registry Operator, and agree to comply with any such changes in the time period specified for compliance;
- c. .NYC Administrator reserves the right to deny, cancel or transfer any registration or transaction, or place any domain name(s) on registry lock, hold or similar status, that it deems necessary, in its discretion if it reasonably concludes that the domain name is being used in a manner that appears to (i) conflict with this Policy, (ii) threaten the stability, integrity or security of the .NYC TLD, the DNS or the global Internet, or any of its registrar partners and/or (iii) put the safety and security of any registrant or user at risk. The process also allows the Registry to take proactive measures to detect and prevent criminal conduct or cybersecurity threats.
- d. The Registrant acknowledges and agrees that the .NYC Registry Operator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any administrative and operational actions necessary, including the use of computer forensics and information security technological services, among other things, in order to implement the Acceptable Use Policy. In addition, the .NYC Administrator reserves the right to deny, cancel or transfer any registration or transaction, or place any domain name(s) on registry lock, hold or similar status, that it deems necessary, in its discretion:
- to enforce .NYC Policies, as amended from time to time;
- to protect the integrity and stability of the .NYC Registry Operator, its operations, and the .NYC;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, holding, order, or decision issued by a court, administrative authority, or dispute resolution service provider with jurisdiction over the .NYC Registry Operator or you;
- to establish, assert, or defend the legal rights of the .NYC Registry Operator or a third party, or to avoid any liability, civil or criminal, on the part of the .NYC Registry Operator as well as its affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers, directors, representatives, employees, contractors, and stockholders;
- to respond to violations of this policy;
- to correct mistakes made by the .NYC Registry Operator or any Registrar in connection with a Registration or Reservation; or - as otherwise provided herein.