Migrating from our old hosting packages to new hosting packages
There are a couple of things you should be aware of before you ask to be moved to our new hosting packages. They are:
- There is no automatic way to migrate hosting packages and billing accounts to the new system.
- If you have recently renewed your old hosting package, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to review your options in relation to any recent payment made.
- Contents of email accounts and email accounts themselves can not be moved over to the new system.
- There is no Front Page Extensions, MySQL 4, Ruby on Rails, Zend Optimizer support or SSH Access on the new hosting packages
- Statistics can not be moved over and AwStats is not enabled on your domains by default. You will have to re-enable it.
- Catch-all email accounts are not supported on the new Minimus, Medius and Maximus hosting packages
- We can move sites created through the Linux SiteBuilder but you will not be able to make any updates to these sites through an interface like the SiteBuilder, all updates will have to be made to the code itself.
- We can move applications installed through the Installatron however these are not compatible with the Installatron equivalent on the new system and so any future updates of these applications will have to be done manually.
Windows Only Issues
- Coldfusion, MS Access, MSSQL 2000 and 2005 are not supported on the new systems
1. Contact us and let us know you are ready to have your website files moved over. Please give us a list of the domains you want copied over to a new hosting package and the details of the account you want us to move the websites to (we can choose a relevant account for you if you do not have those details). You can contact us by submitting a ticket at http://help.blacknight.com or via email to email@example.com
2. We will then create a new hosting package for you, with the same expiry date as your current hosting package. If you do not specify a hosting package type and account ID we will choose for you based on your current hosting package and account details. You will not need to pay for this hosting package until your current hosting package expires.
2. Once we confirm all website files have been moved over we will provide you with a temporary address you can test your website with.
3. If you are happy that the website looks ok then you can just ask us to point the domain to your new hosting package.
4. We will confirm when we have set this and you can then create email accounts on the new hosting package. If you prefer we can create those email accounts for you. Though we can only create them using a random password.
- This is done under: "E-mail" > "Email Addresses" > "Add New E-mail Address"
5. We will then cancel the old hosting package for you, unless you request to keep it active for any reason.