.LGBT is the new Top Level Domain for connecting with the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community. An internet namespace that is inclusive of the entire LGBT community, utilising the preferred term itself as a clear identifier of LGBT-specific content.
For businesses, organisations and others that wish to express commitment to and unity with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender people; .LGBT is the internet address that is most inclusive and appealing to this diverse community.
This is because .LGBT is the first internet domain that is dedicated to the entire LGBT community. It can be utilised by community members as well as businesses, organisations and other entities who wish to engage with an LGBT audience.
.LGBT domains are the most inclusive and appealing choice for LGBT-centric sites BECAUSE:
- LGBT is the most inclusive, widely used term that represents the greater Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community.
- LGBT is the term most preferred by the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community.
- The LGBT domain is a positive space that is protected by an acceptable use policy
- Use of .LGBT helps identify that a site/content is specifically tailored for the LGBT community.
The LGBT community is a dynamic one, as Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender people represent a wide spectrum of interests, sensitivities, preferences and priorities. Those, plus variations in geographical location, age, income, relationship status, gender identity, etc., make it important for entities to focus on shared ideals, values and targeted opportunities within the LGBT community to help build awareness of services, brands, and organisations that target this audience. Some Quick Facts about the LGBT Market: • LGBT is the term most preferred by the LGBT community.
- There are approximately 9 Million Americans that identify as LGBT and 25.6 million people that indicate some same sex attraction
- The LGBT Community represents $830 Billion in spending per year
- The LGBT Community has the highest per-person spending of any minority at an estimated
92,000 per person
- 70% of LGBT Adults say they would pay a premium for products or services that support the LGBT Community
- 78% of LGBT Adults and their friends, family and relatives would switch to brands that are known to be LGBT- friendly 3
- Amount of individuals identifying as LGBT is growing, and largest percentage is with younger adults age 18-344